Academic Resource Center
ABOUT Fenton’s ARC (Academic Resource Center)
Greetings from Mrs. Wright, your librarian. The Academic Resource Center (ARC) is a learning hub where students and staff can access library services, diverse resources, and comfortable spaces for collaboration and independent work. For library services, instruction, or questions, feel free to contact Elizabeth Wright anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Operation
The ARC is open Tuesdays through Fridays from 7:00 AM to 3:15 PM and Mondays from 10:00 AM to 3:15 PM unless a special schedule applies. Students may use the ARC before and after school, during their lunch periods, during study hall, and (with written permission from their course teacher) during a class period.
To visit the ARC during Bison Time, students must fill out a BT Request and have it approved by a teacher via the BT Resource Request System. To visit the ARC briefly during BT (to print or check out a book), students must bring a pass from their BT teacher.
Study Hall Students
The ARC serves as the Study Hall classroom, and study hall students must use their study hall period for academic purposes. The librarians may monitor their grades and activities, offer academic help, arrange seating, and encourage good study habits. Study Hall students must spend the entire period in the ARC unless the librarian or other Fenton staff permit them to leave for a specific purpose.
Guidelines for Behavior
- Follow the school rules stated in the Fenton Handbook.
- As you enter the ARC, scan your ID into the Chromebook at the main ARC door. Please check to make sure your ID number was scanned correctly.
- Respect others through your words and actions.
- Maintain an academic environment.
- No eating and drinking (except water) in the ARC at this time due to COVID.
Resources and Services Provided by the Librarian
- Help finding print and digital resources for academic and personal enrichment
- Tutoring from a librarian in English or Spanish (research, writing, reading, study skills)
- Library instruction
- Makerspace materials and instruction (art and technology)
- Free printing (black-and-white or color)
- Book and magazine circulation
- Study rooms (preferably by reservation)
- Community service-learning opportunities
- Books - 14 days each time you check out or renew an item
- eBooks & Audiobooks - 21 Days
- Reference and College/Career Materials - 7 days
- Headphones, makerspace materials, and school supply items - Due at the end of the period
- Magazines - Ask a librarian before removing from the ARC.
- Calculators - Semester or Academic Year (with signed approval)