Parent Technology Tools
To assist parents in navigating the technology tools and applications used at Fenton High School, our staff has created video demonstrations of the most commonly used programs.
As you scroll down, you'll see descriptions and videos about the following applications:
- Google Classroom
Please browse the videos below to familiarize yourself. If you have additional questions, send an email to email@example.com.
In an effort to improve student learning and school/home communication, Fenton High School will be using an internet-based system, www.teacherease.com, to communicate with parents about student academic progress. In addition, it will allow teachers to email parents when we have notable feedback in class (your child does outstanding work, gives good effort, misses an assignment, etc.)
Our hope is that improved communication with parents will result in greater academic achievement.
If you did not receive a “Welcome to TeacherEase” for TeacherEase, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to access TeacherEase. In your email, please include the personal email address that you would like to use for communications, your child’s name, and their student ID number. Soon thereafter you will receive a response from Fenton as well as the “Welcome to TeacherEase” email. Please also check your “Spam Inbox” just in case.
How to login Directly to TeacherEase
- You should have received a “Welcome to TeacherEase” email from Fenton High School; this email contains a link that will open your browser to the page that would allow you to set a new password.
- On your browser go to the web address www.TeacherEase.com.
- Click on the login button on the top right of the screen.
- Enter your email address and the password provided on the welcome email. If your registered email is a Google account, you can “Login with Google.” You will need only one login to access multiple children.
- OR (For parents that do not remember their password or welcome email)
- Go to: www.teacherease.com/common/login.aspx
- Click on Forgot Password (do not use the sign up link) and enter the email that is listed in PowerSchool as your primary email.
- You will receive an email to log in and then you can update your password. Be sure to check your spam folder if you don't get it within a few minutes.
Once you are logged in you should see the "Parent Main" dashboard. If you have access to more than one student account, click on the dropdown menu with the student's names on the top right of your screen.
- Classes/Subjects: This contains a List of your student’s classes and associated grading scales.
- Assignments: Homework and the due date can be found here, along with any lessons that the teachers have chosen to share with students and parents.
- Grades: Grades for each class and graded assignments can be found here. It also contains a list of missing homework that your student should make up.
Parents can use PowerSchool to access to attendance, historical grades, fee payments (registration/enrollment fees, PE uniform locks, activity fees, and athletics), Fenton's registration system, and a link to the TeacherEase login.
Click here to access the PowerSchool login page.
Google Classroom for Guardians allows class teachers to register email addresses for parents so that you can get either daily or weekly updates on the work your child has been sent. If you want this setup, all of your students’ 2nd and 7th-hour teachers will invite you with your email in the fall. Please be on the lookout for an invitation to Google Classroom for Guardians. Guardian email summaries include missing work, class activity, and upcoming work.
The Remind App allows teachers, coaches, and club sponsors to reach students/parents where they are. This will help parents stay on top of what is going on at school with notifications sent directly to their phone.
The Hero software at FHS is a program designed to let students and parents/guardians view both positive and negative behaviors in real time. The Hero program allows Fenton Staff to keep track of a student's discipline progress, and keeps all discipline related matters in a centralized location.