Physicals, Immunizations and Dental
Physical and immunizations :
A State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination form and up to date immunizations are required for all incoming freshmen, and those students entering Illinois or USA for the first time.
- Schedule an appointment with your child’s physician; Print the State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination Form to be completed during your appointment. Please note all physicals/immunizations must be completed on this form or it cannot be accepted by the health office.
- The health exam must take place after August 16, 2021 to be in compliance for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Return the health examination form and updated immunizations to Fenton’s Health Office As soon as possible, preferably by July 2022.
- Please note the State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination form is the only form that can be accepted for incoming freshman/transfer students. A sports physical form does not meet mandated requirements and cannot be accepted.
- Please note that if the health examination and up to date immunizations are not received by October 17, 2022 your child will be excluded from school as required by law.
If you have a religious objection to examinations and/or immunizations the State of Illinois requires that the Illinois Certificate of Religious Exemption Form be completed and submitted to Fenton’s Health Office on or before October 17, 2022.
Pertinent confidential medical information is shared with teachers and staff as needed to ensure the safety and well-being of your child. If your child has special healthcare needs, please contact the health office so that we can prepare for your child’s arrival at Fenton.
Dental Examination Requirement:
Illinois School Code requires that all kindergarten, 2nd , 6th and 9th grade students have an oral health examination performed by a licensed dentist no later than May 15 of the school year. All dental exams must be completed on the Proof of School Dental Examination form and signed and dated by the dentist. All exams must be completed within 18 months prior to the May 15 deadline.
If a student has an undue burden or does not have access to a dentist the parent or guardian may complete a Dental Examination Waiver Form.
All completed forms should be turned into the health office.
Proof of School Dental Examination Form (English | Español)
Dental Examination Waiver Form (English | Español)
12th Grade Meningitis Vaccination Requirement:
Under Illinois State law all 12th grade students are required to show documentation of receiving 2 doses of meningococcal conjugate (meningitis) vaccine. Accepted minimum administration intervals include:
- The first dose received on or after the 11th birthday; second dose at least eight weeks after the first dose.
- Only one dose is required IF the first dose was received on or after the 16th birthday
- Acceptable meningitis vaccination is documented as MCV4, Menveo or Menactra on an immunization record. Trumemba or Bexsero does not meet the requirement and cannot be accepted.