Fenton Community High School District 100 maintains a comprehensive program of special education services which provide a free and appropriate education to children, ages 14 to 21, who have exceptional needs and are residents of District 100. The district provides a continuum of services for children with mild to severe handicaps. To the extent possible, students are educated in the mainstream of the school community. The placement of a special education student is determined at the student’s educational determination conference when the special needs of the particular student are identified. Fenton High School offers a variety of special education programs to meet the needs of students. Resource and selfcontained programs are available for individual students who have academic and/or behavioral concerns that cannot be met in the general education classroom. Students can receive a variety of services within the program they need. The goals of the special education programs are as follows:
1. Inclusion and/or integration in as many regular education classes as can be successfully completed.
2. Continue to develop appropriate social skills.
3. Foster better communication between students, regular education teachers, parents, and special education teachers.
4. Provide resource assistance for general education.
5. Increase academic skills.
6. Provide instruction in specific subject areas.
Special Education Staff
Special Education Office
Mrs. Sara DiGrazia, Special Education Department Chair - ext. 4924
Mrs. Julia Bray—ext.8514
Mrs. Chris Casterton-ext.4790
Ms. Jessica Collins
Ms. Melissa Eshleman—ext.6268
Ms. Sue Gaska—ext.6268
Mr. Ron Janik—ext.4810
Ms. Kim Lechner
Mrs. Jen Llanes—ext.4810
Mr. Scott Murphy—ext. 8519
Mrs. Donna O’Dea—ext.6268
Mr. Josh Payton—ext.4810
Ms. Peggy Mellenthin - ext. 4921
Ms. Jen Selucky—ext.6268
Ms. Alli Weegar—ext.4810