Fenton Community High School District 100 maintains a comprehensive program of special education services which provide a free and appropriate education to children, ages 14 to 21, who have exceptional needs and are residents of District 100. The district provides a continuum of services for children with mild to severe handicaps. To the extent possible, students are educated in the mainstream of the school community. The placement of a special education student is determined at the student’s educational determination conference when the special needs of the particular student are identified.
Fenton High School offers a variety of special education programs to meet the needs of students. Resource and self contained programs are available for individual students who have academic and/or behavioral concerns that cannot be met in the general education classroom. Students can receive a variety of services within the program they need.
The goals of the special education programs are as follows:
- Inclusion and/or integration in as many regular education classes as can be successfully completed.
- Continue to develop appropriate social skills.
- Foster better communication between students, regular education teachers, parents, and special education teachers.
- Provide resource assistance for general education.
- Increase academic skills.
- Provide instruction in specific subject areas.
Director of Special Education
Richard Watts - x4924
Special Education Staff
Ms. Clarissa Sanchez 630-860-4795
Mrs. Chris Casterton
Mrs. Jessica Muscarello
Mrs. Debbie Davis, Speech/Language Psychologist
Mrs. Sara DiGrazia
Ms. Melissa Eshleman
Ms. Yesenia Favela, School Psychologist
Ms. Sue Gaska
Mr. Ron Janik
Ms. Peggy Mellenthin, Social Worker
Mr. Scott Murphy
Mr. Christopher Novak, Social Worker
Mr. Josh Payton
Ms. Jen Selucky
Ms. Araly Sanchez