All Fenton High School students are required to complete 25 hours of community service to be eligible for graduation.
Community Service Guidelines:
· Students may begin earning community service hours on their first day of 9th grade at Fenton High School. This includes summer school.
· Students have one year from the date of the community service activity to turn in time logs to receive credit.
· The service must benefit the community and cannot benefit a business or a “for-profit” organization.
· The service cannot result in the payment of money, school/varsity letter, or be related to a class for points or a grade.
· The service cannot be related to the student’s employment or the employment of a relative.
· The service cannot be performed for relatives, friends, or neighbors.
· If the service is a fundraiser, all money raised must be donated to a charity.
· Community Service hours completed for court ordered hours or any other requirement may not count towards Fenton’s Community Service Requirement.
· Half of the community service hours (12.5) MUST be completed outside of Fenton High School.
· After completing a community service activity, students are required to complete the "Community Service Form" and return it to Room 2 at Fenton High School. Additional forms are available outside Room 2, in the Media Center or Student Service Center.
· Questions? Contact Teri Wood, Director of Community Relations and Community Service at (630)860-8621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.